Monday 23 April 2012

KCWC Spring 2012 - Day 1

I've been mulling over what to do this week. E asked for a summer coat (because V has one!) and I was planning on doing that. I was going to use the leftover fabric from V's coat and was debating whether to use another vintage coat pattern I had in my stash, or really challenge myself and attempt to draft her a coat from scratch...

Then at the last minute - actually on day 1 of the challenge - I changed all that and went out and bought new fabric and a pattern.




Actually, I bought quite a bit of fabric! Well, in for a penny....
The beige linen on the bottom is what I have planned for the coat, possibly with the red spots for a lining (the pattern doesn't include a lining - I'd have to wing it, that would be my challenge for the week).
The three folded pieces above that are potential skirts, E has a definite hole in her wardrobe which needs to filled by summer skirts. Let's see if I get time..
(The screwed up stuff on the right is "remnants". Who doesn't need more remnants, right?)



The pattern is McCalls M5743. A little uninspiring in fleece on the picture, but could be lovely in a linen for summer. I'm making view D: long, ruffle sleeves, with a collar.
I've traced the pattern, and cut it out, and that I think will do for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment