Tuesday 14 September 2010

Kids Clothes Week Challenge





I really want to do this.
My plan for my maternity leave was to spend my free time trying to learn to sew. Practice practice practice, I thought, I'm bound to improve some. I forgot about the fact that maternity leave is essentially to look after your new child, and free time is not in abundance.
It remains to be seen whether my new baby is like my first (no more than 30mins for a nap before she's up again and ready to rumble) but at the moment things are pretty busy around here. Baby No.2 and I continue to try to find a routine that works, while Baby No.1 (actually 4 and a half) settles into her new school. It's a merry-go-round of early mornings, lunchboxes and gym kits, note slips and after school snacks. The will-she-or-won't-she-settle evenings. Topped off with through the night, 3-hourly feeds.
It's either the worst time to attempt this, or maybe the best. The thought of giving myself permission to squirrel myself away for an hour each evening for a week seems indulgent.
I'm going to give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment